Last Updated: 12-29-2017
This workbook is designed to assist public employers in two broad areas – employee evaluations and employee discipline. Section 2 of the workbook provides employers with an in-depth discussion on performance evaluations generally and guidance/practical advice on how to best craft and conduct evaluations in order to optimize employee performance and ensure that employees are knowledgeable about and placed on notice of the employer’s values, standards, job expectations, and requirements.
Sections 3-6 of the workbook provide a discussion on employee discipline and also go into significant detail about what disciplinary actions are available, what frequent disciplinary problems arise in the public employment context, what potential legal issues/hurdles may exist relating to the imposition of a disciplinary action, what procedural steps to take before imposing discipline, and how to settle a pending disciplinary matter either before or after discipline is imposed.
Section 7 of the workbook discusses the process following any imposition of disciplinary action, including post-disciplinary administrative appeals generally as well as appeals to the Superior Court pursuant to Civil Code of Procedure sections 1094.5 and 1280.
Finally, the workbook’s appendix provides multiple sample documents/forms that can be used by public employers as a resource and as reference material.
Related Forms and Policies
This document is a workbook containing the following forms and policies:
- Sample Counseling Memorandum
- Sample Form — “Last Chance Agreement”
- Sample Memorandum Confirming Verbal Reprimand
- Sample Notice of Discipline (e.g., Termination)
- Sample Notice of Intent to Discipline
- Sample Notice of Paid Administrative Leave Pending Investigation
- Sample Notice of Rejection of Probationary Appointment
- Sample Performance Evaluation
- Sample Performance Improvement Plan
- Sample Personnel Report of Disciplinary Action
- Sample Written Reprimand
- Supervisor’s Checklist for Conducting Counseling Interview
Full Price: $75.00
* Premium LL Rate: $60.00
Upgrade to Read
Liebert Members can read this workbook online.
Please subscribe here to get access.