Last Updated: 12-06-2017
It is a full time job just to list the leaves available to California workers, let alone administer them. For example, California employees are entitled to industrial injury leave, ADA/FEHA accommodation leaves, California Family Sick Leave, California Pregnancy Disability Leave, FMLA/CFRA leave, Family Temporary Disability leave, military leave, leave to appear at a child's school, leave for victims of domestic violence, leave for jury duty and court appearances, time off to vote, leave due to incarceration and use of accrued compensatory time off. To make things more interesting, many of the leaves run concurrently – but not all do. Several of the leaves share definitions and eligibility criteria – but they also carve out exceptions unique to applying that particular leave.
While an understanding of the leave laws is an essential guide to navigating these leave rights, its application is highly fact specific. Thus, those charged with administering leaves must not only understand the law, but develop intimate familiarity with applicable collective bargaining agreements, city ordinances, and agency policies and procedures. This workbook provides busy managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals with a quick reference guide through the tangled web of the leave laws applicable to California workers. It addresses each leave separately, flagging concurrent leave issues as they arise. Eligibility criteria, computation issues, definitions of key terms, and practice tips for administration are all addressed. In addition, the workbook takes a broad look at the privacy issues that employers face when dealing with the myriad of medical leaves available to employees in California.
Related Forms and Policies
This document is a workbook containing the following forms and policies:
- Checklist of Things to do to Bring Your Agency into Compliance with the State and Federal Family and Medical Care Leave Acts
- Family Care And Medical Leave and Pregnancy Disability Leave (CFRA General Notice)
- FMLA General Notice
- Sample Authorization for Payroll Deductions for Benefit Coverage Continuation During Family/Medical Care Leave
- Sample Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of A Veteran for Military Family Leave (FMLA)
- Sample Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember for Military Family Leave (FMLA)
- Sample Designation Notice (FMLA/CFRA/PDL)
- Sample Family and Medical Leave Policy
- Sample Medical Certification – Employee’s Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- Sample Medical Certification – Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- Sample Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities (FMLA/CFRA)
- Sample Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Sample Request for Family/Medical Leave
- Your Rights And Obligations As A Pregnant Employee (PDL General Notice)
Full Price: $75.00
* Premium LL Rate: $55.00
Upgrade to Read
Liebert Members can read this workbook online.
Please subscribe here to get access.